

PHG Business meeting minutes 082723.txt  
PHG meeting minutes 8/27/23

Attendance: Stephanie (Supply person), Donna (Secty), Kirk, Mike OR, Christina, Laura, Ann, Carla, John, John, Amy, David,

Started on time, 5:00, finish up at 4:55. Really important to end on time.

Mike has copy of bylaws if anybody wants to review them and will keep with him.

Literature (Ann):

Ann: We have a couple months of books and pamphlets. Need to print out phone list.

Christine: I'll bring that up as new business.

Mike: trouble ordering and receiving?

Ann: No.

Carla: repaid you?

Ann: working it out with Jason. We are blessed.

Carla: newcomer packets?

Ann: yes, making them up.

Christina: Jason made up a bunch and put them in closets.

Ann: I put them in plastic, book and pamphlet.

{REPORT ACCEPTED}

Intergroup (Russ):

Rae: Martin is intergroup rep. not present.

H&I (Karen):

Everything is open again. Those things not opened for over 2 years are in need of volunteers.

Also have new places signed up, NSRS in Concord, NSCRS, juvi hall, napa state hosp, county facilities, Martinez jail, all need volunteers. Not speakers but secretaries. If you're at a meeting, if you can announce that, please do. Always posted on back bulletin board, the roster.

All info of who to contact is on roster. Good time to start talking about passing pink can, do it. The reality is that H&I needs money for literature.

Mike: A lot of meetings, the pink can gets lost. Baskets go out and it'll be with basket or can

not make it all the way around the room. Figure out a way

PHG Business meeting minutes 082723.txt

to make sure opportunity to put money in.

Kirk: when is the H&I meeting?

Carla: look at roster. meeting is on 3rd

Rae: 2nd.

Carla: 2nd sunday of month at mayhew.

[REPORT ACCEPTED]

Treasurer (Carla):

Everything is good. donations continue to increase. expenses high this month, things paid in july, lettering on door. still have good prudent reserve on rent. 8600 in bank for projects.

paypal account is suspended. need documentation re tax ID. we don't because we are using tax ID from '99. nobody has letter from IRS. IRS sees it as dormant tax ID. no taxes filed for years.

Mike: what to do?

Carla: IRS suggestion is to start over. start filing taxes.

Christina: take paypal off? i don't trust IRS that we don't owe taxes. start going into tax ID and taxes, suggest taking paypal off. there's a meeting that got reamed with taxes.

that would be our worst nightmare. goes against what AA supposed to be.

Carla: correct way to do it if 5000 a year or 600000 a year, we'd still have to file returns.

to have any bank account. eventually IRS is going to catch up with us. not showing proof of filing.

Mike: can you take time to figure this out?

Carla: gonna take some time and I need help. Our tax ID number is dormant. everybody is going to electronic payments. get fair amount of money thorough, PP 3600, before fees.

Mike: I'm a zelle guy myself.

Christina: I say we take paypal off.

Mike: if it was taken away, then others will figure out another way.

Carla: I'm frozen out of paypal.

Mike: does anybody use PP? would PP send notice?

Motion on the floor to suspend PP.

PHG Business meeting minutes 082723.txt

[MOTION PASSED TO SUSPEND PP]

Laura: I'm not a tax person but I can help Carla with service needs.

Christina: let's use black marker and cut off.

Carla: Need to have message to group not taking PP.

Mike: Just post no longer taking PP, that'll work.

Christina: Russ can put on binder and website a notice not taking PP.

fees are so high with PP.

Carla: there are fees with venmo. none with zelle.

Ann: because you have to log into your bank account to get into zelle.

Christina; Russ can send something to secretaries to announce.

Carla: I will delete PP account]

[REPORT ACCEPTED]

Rec Committee: (Darci)

Darci: kathy was to send in financials.

Mike: She did.

Darci: next event will be hike. that'll all be on website. bingo and alcatraz coming up.

need to do better announcing. big think is pickle ball. is cool. it's a lot of fun.

eric now has to reserve the courts and pay now. when people don't show up, it costs him.

Mike: pickle ball is on sunday. sundays good.

alcaraz, hope center not participating in alcat. 20 txt for PH, 20 for Hope, 5 kids and 5 kids.

going to allow 35 txt for whole event. 15 collected money. haven't announced it.

still got couple more. want to make sure people who reserved have opportunity to pay.

Laura: meet at PH bart at 9?

Mike: 9 or 9:30, no later than 9:30, get to Embarcadero and take taxi over to pier 39.

ferry leave at 12:00. oops, it's pier 31 or something like that. i will take taxi over.

all txts on will call. there's no money back guarrantee.

no show, no money. i'll sell

txt and give it back to PH. not gonna play that. normally everyone shows up.

1:00 meet on yard and have AA mtg. Blue angles fly at 3:00.

Darci: doing bingo quarterly. we think once a month or

PHG Business meeting minutes 082723.txt

every other month.

10/13 is next one.

Kirk: able to secure TV and stand. jervesa is taking hers back. it's avail if we go to hybrid.

Rae: Kathy emailed me financials. announcements of rec committee think to be kept

Darci: we do have meetings on hikes, fellowship afterwards. don't think incorporating

mtg and bing -- you can have fun and be sober.

announcements, i know there have been problems. people go, oh we didn't hear about it. sometimes people don't read.

need to hear it verbally so it's in their head.

John: exactly do what we are leaning towards, look at board. i'm going to organize

bowling. talk to your sponsor.

David: is there someone who speaks at activity:

Darci: yes, billy heads it up. being outside.

Mike: do we want a motion on floor? bowling saved my life. if it wasn't announced,

i wouldn't know.

Kirk: it's important to hear them verbally but not a long discussion. short discussion,

point to board, super quick.

Carla: was this an adgenda item?

Mike: everybody think about it an we'll take a vote at the end.

Supplies (Stephanie):

started in july. done inventory 5x. most spent on that dry creamer. primary stuff

purchased is creamer and regulary coff. 500\$ new purchased. all purchased at costco,

equal at safeway. doing inventory every saturday.

Mike: no issues?

Stephanie: no, have set of keys and do whatever i want.

Carla: someone asked me for baking soda and cleaning supplies. she wants someone to use

them to clean. she said someone needs to clean coffee pots. usually i run vinegar

through coffee machines.

Mike: it's up to each individual coffee maker to do that.

Stephanie: if you want new coffee pots, it's not on my

PHG Business meeting minutes 082723.txt

list.

Mike: minutes from last mtg are up on the table.  
[report accepted]

General Service

Kirk: i've been horrible job, didn't go to general assembly.

I will redouble my efforts. there's talk about pamphlet for transgender.

like and stick party requested to use this room. what goes on at area mtg, they want to hav district lick and stick 10/7 2:00 - 4:00 to use this room.

need motion to accept that.

[MOTION PASSED TO HAVE PARTY HERE ON 10/7]

[REPORT ACCEPTED]

NEW BUSINESS:

Mike: we have bees out front. 7:00 mtg saturday, 12 bees inside room. coming in through roof. 2" gap in ceiling. sprayed nest. covered up hole with roofing.

David: you know where the hive is?

Mike: yes. they are yellow jackets.

Laura: a lot of us know scott. maybe he can help. scottie may help.

Rae: he's a bee hiver.

Mike: this is only time they've done anything. taken care of.

issues with bathrooms backing up. replaced the guts in the toilet, both toilets.

i have receipt from john \$100 for parts to fix. so whatever receipt says plus

\$100 he's requesting

[MOTION TO REIMBURSE JOHN PASSED]

Mike: Russ talked to scott smith, licensed electrician, replae 2 outlets, make the

GFI, replace circuit and all the outlets for \$500.

Carla: landlord doesn't cover it. need license and insurred person.

our rent is going up according with lease, 8 years left, want good relationship.

David: bee thing, vinegar kills them instantly.

PHG Business meeting minutes 082723.txt

Mike: they come back.

Darci: wasps or bees?

[MOTION PASSED TO HIRE SCOTT SMITH AND REIMBURSE HIM \$500]

MORE NEW BUSINESS:

David: amy and i do newcomers, things missing, want to bring it up to group.

we don't pass coffee can. no one asking about clean up, steps. We do 9th step promises at end. don't clean up.

Mike: no HOW or traditions?

{no answer}

Mike: each meeting is autonomus. i'm ambivalent.

Christina: it does say we will pass coffee can.

jason we voted on that script.

Mike: we need to review this and revisit at next meeting.

Amy: put down what's missing.

Mike; yes.

not in there and they should be?

Amy:

PHONE LISTS:

Christina: most are drinking, list from 2020. needs updating.