

PHG Meeting Notes 071623

In Attendance: Mike O'R, Jason, Martin, Connor, Jeanine,  
Bonnie, Russell, Karen, Max,  
Kirk, Darci, Ray, Phyllis (bag lady),

Meeting started at 4:00 pm

Mike OR: New coordinator. Minutes dispersed.  
Motion to approve the minutes.

Russ: seconded.  
I's have it. motion passed to approved minutes.

TREASURER - PHYLLIS

Phyllis: Did good last month, lots of money in bank. Made  
Rent!!

LITERATURE - ANN

Just filled up stock of books. pamphlets are coming.

Books jason ordered haven't arrived yet.  
should be here tmrw. it will include pamphlets. Pamphlets  
will be good for a while.

Russ: is there a printout of what ordered/spent?

Ann: yes. can be sent.

Russ: please bring to mtg.

Ann: yes, next itme. spent 281.85 to stock up on books.

Spent 21.00 for pamphlets.

all books ordered go in store room as of now.

Mike: let's discuss that later.

MOTION TO ACCEPT LITERTURE REPORT WAS PASSED

REC - MAX

Report will be coming soon. July update not printed out.

begin bal 2,956.95. had two big expenses.

purchased Alcatraz txt, 2000.00. also deposited money from

4th bbq which ... made 181.00 for bbq.  
checking acct bal 1,833.17. kathy will be transferring

savings, \$900, to checking to avoid \$16  
service fee.

Russ: is there a list of where 700\$ went to?

Max: kathy has receipts. lots was on utensils.

Russ: as long as something that shows it. thx

Max: expect to be paid the \$2000 on alcatraz txt once

sold.

Mike: sold 22 txts committed to going. \$46/txt. the 25

txt for Hope Center will come up on new  
business. Had flier on board for two weeks.

Russ: Jervese, she always brought up Alcatraz.

Ray: why txt to Hope Center.

Mike: For whatever reason rec comm decided do 25 to Hope

Center and 25 here.

Kirk: Last year Hope Center bought all txt. we

compromised and sharing.

Russ: why are we doing anything with Hope Center on this?

Kirk: Call it Unity. why not?

Russ: Because we could have 15 more people from PHG.

Kirk: we can buy more txts. People from all groups buy

txts.

Russ: could we buy more?

Mike: yes.

Kirk: i've been doing this event for years. it's like

hearding cats. it's really a lot of work.

(REC COMM ACCOUNT RECAP AND WHATEVER KATHY C. SENDS RAE VIA

EMAIL

WILL BE ATTACHED TO THIS REPORT)

Note from Rae on 8/26/23: I'm attaching two reports I got

from Kathy via email. Sorry, just not  
sure which one is revised.

MOTION PASSED TO ACCEPT REC COMM REPORT

TREASURER - CARLA

Carla: just got june slips from phyllis. don't have a report. we basically made about \$600 for June. 5100 in contributions, 4500 in expenses, leave 600 profit.

we had a maint acct. had 4 accts. too many, no reason. moved 300 from maint to prudent reserve. CD and

prud resv and savings, that equals 6 months rent in bylaws which equals 24,000. by end of quarter all looks tidy. closed maint acct. Just

did the door, so won't be on june expense report. we have an address. jason is in charge of adding the suite number to flier. bought new screens which were shockingly expensive.

got address lettering for \$150. \$80 for screens. have one spare. no other unusual

expenses. coffee pot?? will be new bus. trending generally, we are increasing our revenue.

Mike: how much of 600 goes to H&I?

Carla: that's not included in income.

Mike: how much to service center?

Carla: it's 40/30/30. we have 7,000 extra in bank. not

making any of those distributions. sent 2400 to SS and somebody else who....

[REPORT UNINTELLIGIBLE]

not making any distributions right now.

Russ: we approved setting aside money for improvements for room.

Carla: wasn't here last month and didn't get minutes.

Rae: A lot said last month.

Carla: will put together report after process slips.

Jason: haven't seen last months' report.

GENERAL SERVICE - KIRK

Kirk: Summer assembly coming up in august. I'm going hybrid. it's too far.  
they are printing a plain language book of BB, not a little book. the stories won't be changed.  
new, modern, plain language, half way done.  
Mike: changing the first 164?  
Kirk: no, it'll be plain language, in addition.

MOTION PASSED TO ACCEPT GENERAL SERVICE REPORT

OLD BUSINESS

COFFEE MAKER:

Jason: who has action to contact locksmith?

Mike: good point.

Russ: last month, jimmy was going to go ahead and find out

what the next steps would be.

don't know where he's at with the doors. on locks, action

item is jimmy.

Jason: put in minutes who has action, next steps.

PICTURES

Russ: that's under new business

Max: am i allowed to say kathy volunteered? she's putting

together a committee.

Mike: i do remember her saying she wants to do it. she

has to get with Eric. he's the picture guy.

Rae: there were pics before eric. yes, i have them.

Mike: group decision needs to be made of what pics go up.

Rae, eric have pics.

Russ: we need to agree on format, size.

Mike: kathy in charge pending approval of group.

COFFEE MACHINE

Russ: jimmy ordered coffee machine.

Carla: not purchased because not reimbursed yet.

ELECTRICAL

Russ: outlets, sockets need help.

Carla: got one bid to add 4 GFI outlets and 1 circuit

breaker for tea maker.

Russ: that's been approved already.

Mike: who's in charge of maint?

Ann: no one was interested last time.

Mike: who wants to be electrical improvements action?

Russ: I'll do it.

Jason: will that included wiring for hybrid?

Russ: will get together with action item person with rec

comm.

Carla: I got electrical bid but dont' want to spin wheels.

Mike: give that bid to russ.

Russ: we wanted a second bid. that's where it blew up.

Carla: that is not what happened. got a bid for less than

1,000 because we changed course.

Russ: give me that bid and i'll take care of it, please.

Mike: normally we get 3 bids if we were running a

business. if carla's bid was reasonable, let's  
do it.

Jason: there's other work to be done. let's get a bid for

all work to be done.

Mike: russ you're in charge?

Russ: yes.

HYBRID MEETING

Mike: Rae and Eric can work on this.

Jeannine: was there a lot of discussion from lots of PH

members that lots of different people want hybrid?

Russ: no.

Jeannine: before going forward, we should wait. we are

serving them. if we hear members want

it, then yes. getting hybrid started without feedback from

members.

Carla: we were going to check on cost and then present it to meeting. we don't know cost of internet. first see how it impacts cash flow before teasing mtg with hybrid.

Max: each mtg is autonomous and can decide. people aren't coming to bus mtg. to get opinion of people, they need to come here.

Russ: main driving force for hybrid was for bus mtg. if other mtgs want hybrid, they could.

Carla: we can do bus mtg hybrid now.

Russ: we did it once here and it was horrible.

Ann: why hybrid?

Russ: to improve attendance of bus mtg.

Kirk: each mtg can decide whether they want to do it.

Russ: there were people in opposition to do bus mtg

hybrid. it's announced. lots of trouble and expense to get an extra 1 or 2 people.

Jason: rec comm was going to use monitor. i do this for a living. i set up all this. we keep saying eric. he's never here.

Russ: so why don't you be action item guy on this?

Mike: how bus mtg runs, we talk about what we think we are going to do and then take it to the group. we decide in here this is good way to go and then

bring it to groups. sectys need to be here to bring info to group. it's not up to us to do hybrid. Let's vote on whether to do research.

Jason: the bus mtg decides what happens in this room. if

they don't want monitor on wall, they need to come to bus mtg and vote on it. i'm confused on

what we are talking about.

Mike: phone lists on table. send clip board around in

each group. present it to each group.

PH Bus Mtg 071623.txt

Jason: phone lists came about because of covid, not

wanting to touch anything, bus mtg decided  
on that for all mtgs.

Russ: in agreement with jason. we just had secty

rotation. 23 mtgs, most are not here.

if we create policy and changes through group as a whole,

we will never accomplish anything.

participation is next to nothing. they chose not to

attend.

Max: crystal's dr evil when we change the locks that we

only give out code at bus mtg, so secty

have to come to get code.

Russ: not good.

INTERGROUP REPORT - MARTIN

Russ: martin will meet me at next Intergroup mtg. big

event is july 30th picnic.

informed most sectys. takes 3 weeks to get comprehensive

list of all sectys info.

i'm out in july and martin is in.

Mike: great job on secty workshop.

Ray: i was interested in intergroup.

Russ: you gave me many options of your interest.

intergroup position filled.

SUPPLIES - STEPHANIE

Carla: stephanie will be here next time

Mike: stephanie has 20 years sobriety. vote stephanie

in??

MOTION PASSED TO ACCEPT STEPHANIE AS SUPPLY PERSON

Mike: purchased 4 new coffee pots, want reimbursement.

MOTION PASSED TO REIMBURSE MIKE

Kirk: need to invest in a new mop.

Russ: I will connect with Rich before buying anything.

Carla: bring receipt to me for reimbursements.

Mike: spoke about extending time of bus mtg.

Phyllis: start at 3:30?

Max: are we taking long today because of elections, etc?

Mike: no, all like this.

Jeannine: keeping it an hour is motivation to come. think

we should honor that.

Jason: it is bylaws that it's an hour.

Carla: can't keep moving bus mtg time.

Russ: it was at great discussion to keep it to an hour.

Mike: think we are doing ourselves a disservice to rush

through, lots of topics not able to finish.

#### BINDER SCRIPTS

Mike: who wrote the scripts?

Russ: (long discussion)

Mike: women's sat mtg, script.

Russ: that was script handed to me by that mtg.

Bonnie: we adopted some language per bylaws. one talked

about limiting discussion related to  
alcohol.

Russ: news to me. can't find bylaw. don't recall that as

being part of bylaws.

Bonnie: push back from group to tighten up our script. no

other scripts has that.

Russ: give me language of mtg approved script and i'll re

do it. each mtg is autonomous.

Max: read script from binder and group balked. went to

old script and group ok.

Russ: took script from group inventory. PHG we want

explanation for sponsor in scripts.

Max: there's a specific script for candlelight mtg.

Russ: I'm open to making mistakes. show me what you want

it to be and i'll change it.



H&i - KARIN

Karin: "i'm going to read what came from NorCal treasurer

report:

"Due to a drastic increase in literature orders, which we

haven't experienced since before the pandemic, our monthly cash flow was negative <\$41,535> for

the month, with cumulative losses for the year of <\$80,202>. So we've eliminated our

surplus, and are \$6,733 below our recommended 6 month cash assets of ???. Our financial

condition has been downgraded to neutral since our negative cash flow now exceeds our

budgeted amount and our cash reserves are below target."

Needless to say if we start passing pink can again.

Mike: there was a surplus, acquired during covid.

let's keep can separate from basket.

Russ: we went over that.

Rae: surplus was due to facilities not open to H&I for a

few years. Now facilities open and literature expense is huge. So surplus is depleting

quickly and NorCal H&I will be broke in a few months.

Meeting adjourned at 5:05 p.m.